Monday, August 6, 2018

SUNDAY WORDS OF WISDOM (ON MONDAY): QUENTIN CRISP




P.S. I met the late great Quentin Crisp twice. He was always performing (even with an audience of one), so it was not so easy to crack the infamous persona the world knows and loves to this very day.

However, I also chatted with him on the phone at least a dozen times or more (his number was listed and he always welcomed a friendly chat or two with open ears). Towards the end of his life, I was rather shocked to hear of his constant traumatic abuse in England during his youth (info not included in his autobiography).

It would seem that The Naked Civil Servant only touched the surface. Having been bashed both verbally and physically in America on a regular basis during my own youth - I related to every word Quentin wrote/said big time.

God bless, dear Mr. Quentin Crisp. God bless...