Monday, March 21, 2016

BLUE MONDAY


Janis Joplin once famously said that the worst day of the week is Sunday AND they close the bars? This is one of the very few times I disagree with the great lady of Rock/Soul/Blues. Mondays are the worst: First day of  bullshit school, a tedious job, or just doing our best to make some sense out of a life that is often brutal and coarse.

I don't know the exact stats, but more people off themselves on Monday than any other day of the week. At least as best I can remember from reading The Savage God. That includes the U.S. and UK.

Well, music has always helped me in a huge way, so I offer this sublime little tune by The Mamas and Papas.

And I pledge that we all should do our best to at least make it to Tuesday. Sorry for such a grim post, but this wretched weather is clearly doing rather odd things to my mind and emotions. It will be better tomorrow, they always say. I hope this proves to be true for once. Now wouldn't that be nice?

Dylan

2 comments:

  1. Music always helps me in a huge way, too, and I haven't heard this once-popular tune in a long time. I'm glad you shared it.

    Your post isn't grim - - I feel the same way. I hope that the weather improves and the rest of your week will be brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you much, Jon. Hope you have an awesome weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...