Friday, November 7, 2014

PICTURE PERFECT FRIDAY: CARMELITA

Carmelita strikes a pose

A kind friend recently rescued two abandoned cats (and Carmelita!). I've never had much exposure to chickens before (being a shameless city boy), so I have to say that Carmelita has made me question my poor food choices (no more KFC for me).

Carmelita is an absolute delight. She loves to be held, likes to peek into windows, and does her best to sneak into the house as often as she can. She's fiercely independent, and chases away all foolish intruders (including cats) if they dare to ruffle her feathers.

Oh, and there's always a fresh egg or two for breakfast now. Carmelita gives as good as she gets.

3 comments:

  1. Carmelita is a sweetie! What a lovely girl! Here's to the great urban farming movement in PDX...keep those fresh eggs coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chickens just don't get enough respect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh eggs are the best. I have learned to respect chickens big time (thanks to Carmelita).

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...