Sunday, November 2, 2014

SUPER STAMP SUNDAY: JANIS JOPLIN

Click on image

Okay, here we go: The first official SUPER STAMP SUNDAY post! Did you guess (thanks to my previous post) that Janis Joplin would finally go postal in late 2014? I'm gonna buy the really cool FDC (First Day Cover) for sure.

I'm thinking it might be sort of awesome to include a little haiku moment with the postal one. So here's something I wrote about Janis a year or two ago? It's not perfect (syllable count totally sucks), but it pretty much sums up how I feel about this great singer:

LITTLE GIRL BLUE

So large on the stage
Her voice like thunder and rain
Little girl blue so alone

P.S. I'm still adjusting to the time change, so I'm sleepy/lazy as hell. I need more coffee big time. See you next week - when I'm actually wide awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...